Monday, December 8, 2014

Favorite Recipes - Fall Harvest Salad

I had to make dishes for two friendsgiving dinners in the same day a few weeks ago so I needed something that would be easy to prepare ahead of time and require little work once at the parties. I started thinking about my options and decided to make salads and homemade dressing. 

One of my absolute favorite salads was one I used to get from Panera and only available in the fall - the harvest salad was absolutely amazing with mixed greens, pears, dried cherries, gorgonzola cheese, chicken and cherry balsamic salad dressing.

I googled recipes looking for this amazing salad recipe and found a copycat version of my favorite salad, here. I followed the directions loosely, making a few tweaks to the dressing (cooking the garlic, shallots and balsamic to mix the flavors more) and didn't add chicken since there would be a huge thanksgiving spread at each event. 
Tip: layer the toppings in the salad so everyone will get a taste of everything throughout the salad! 

Final product
I would definitely make this salad again! It was so delicious and everyone loved it! I just wish Panera still had it so I could order it every fall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment