Thursday, July 24, 2014

Our Relationship Timeline

The mister and I met on May 26, 2011 at Speed Street (a festival in uptown Charlotte with free concerts and no, we are not huge Nascar fans!). I gave him the run around for a few weeks, finally got my act together when I realized he was much different from any other guy I've ever met and we "officially" started dating on July 16, 2011.

We spent our days walking home from work together (at the time, we both walked to work and happened to have the same route), going on trips across the southeast together and spent a lot of time talking and getting to know one another. 

We talked about our lives, interests, and future goals... and of course that included marriage. Things were going great and we decided to plan a trip abroad. He had never been and I'm always itching to travel so to Europe for Oktoberfest we went! 

We traveled to Munich, Zurich, Paris, London and Brussels. On our second stop, Zurich, Tyler proposed in the most beautiful spot I've ever been to - on top of a mountain overlooking Lake Zurich and the Swiss Alps. 
Celebration champagne moments after getting engaged!
I love our love story so much... we decided to use our story as our wedding "save the date."

Melissa Joy Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment