Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Dad's Summer Art Show

My dad was the June 2014 featured artist at the Art Cellar in Banner Elk, NC.

Me, Dad, and my sister at the show

The mister, my sister and I attended the opening on Friday, June, 13 2014. It is an absolutely beautiful show - My dad has a keen eye for complimentary colors and bold compositions. Read more about his show, "Is It Still...Life?" in this Mountain Times article.

The mister and me

We weren't able to spend Father's Day with him since the mister and I were headed to the U.S. Open on Sunday so it was very special to be able to celebrate Father's Day by attending his show. (Note: I also celebrated with my dad earlier in the month by taking him to Van Gogh Alive at Discovery Place. If you have a chance to go I'd definitely recommend it! A great way to experience art in a different way. Just be prepared to see prints, not the real paintings but you do get to know the artist much better.)

Lots of color and beautiful scenes!

More paintings

I'm a very proud daughter and was extremely happy that we were able to take the time off from work to see his work and mingle with a fun group of people at the Art Cellar!

No comments:

Post a Comment