Sunday, September 27, 2015

July in Review - A Summer Vacation

This past July was the first time since I've started working that truly felt like a "summer vacation."

My sister, cousin and dad all met in Raleigh for the Rolling Stones concert. My sister and I got my dad's ticket as a Father's Day present since he's been asking to go to a Rolling Stones concert for years.


The concert was held at Carter-Finley Stadium, my alma mater's football stadium. We tailgated in true NC State style then went into the concert. We had an absolute blast at the concert - it was by far the best concert I've ever been to!


The next day, my cousin had to head to work but my sister, dad and I had some extra time and enjoyed a southern lunch at Big Ed's in Raleigh - we were STUFFED afterwards! 

Next up, was our annual trip to Kentucky for Tyler to play in the Rolling Hills Invitational. Tyler has played in this tournament the past 12 years and really enjoys this trip back to his hometown each year.

Best friends at the golf tournament 

Tyler and his group at the Rolling Hills Invitational

Dry Ground Brewery with my love
This year was a little different since we had Muggsy with us. He was a really fun addition to walking the golf course and let out a cute little bark every time his dad hit the golf ball teeing off.

Love my little family! 
The final part of my summer vacation was our trip to Scotland and Denmark, which I'll recap in a different post soon!

All in all, July was extremely fun and memorable but exhausting. We've spent August and September a little more low key and plan to travel more this fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment